Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cocaine Energy Review

A few years ago, Cocaine caused a lot of controversy and eventually disappeared for a little while. It came back in 2008 and has been available at a few stores and online since. I decided to pick up a can online to see what all the hype was about. Cocaine comes in an 8 oz. can and contains 280 mg of caffeine. To date, Cocaine is the strongest energy drink I've ever had. Prior to trying Cocaine my strongest drink was Rockstar 2x, which comes in a 12 oz. can and has 250 mg of caffeine. I was really looking forward to drinking my can while it was getting cold in the fridge and in the meantime I checked out some videos and articles on the drink. When it came out, a few sources wrongly stated that Cocaine was "350 times stronger than Red Bull", in reality Cocaine is 3 1/2 times stronger than Red Bull. The number 350 comes from the fact the fact that Cocaine is 350% stronger than Red Bull. After a few hours the drink was cold and I couldn't wait to open it and try it out.

The Can:
Cocaine's red can looks pretty good and the can I had actually said "Cocaine" on it. When it came back after disappearing for awhile Cocaine had a white label over the name that you had to peel off. Cocaine was also "No Name" energy for awhile or something like that, it's funny to me that just a name could cause such controversy. There's a box on the back of the can with 3 1/2 bull heads in it, it took me a minute to figure out but that's to symbolize that it's 3 1/2 times stronger than Red Bull. There's also a paragraph about how it doesn't actually contain cocaine, obviously.

The Taste:
Before buying the drink I was aware of the "spicy hot" flavor it supposedly has. "Spicy hot" is no exaggeration either, it tasted like a cinammon fireball candy but in liquid form. It was supposed to have some sort of fruit flavor to it but the spice took over and I couldn't taste any fruit at all. Honestly, it was a really strange flavor and it definitely didn't become a new favorite of mine, it wasn't horrible though. I'm glad there was only 8 oz. of it to drink, it wasn't undrinkable but it would be hard to drink 16 oz. of it. If you don't like spicy or hot food I definitely don't recommend this drink, it's definitely unique.

The Buzz:
What this drink lacks in flavor it certainly makes up for in energy buzz. I had a new pair of shoes from the mall and after drinking the drink I decided to lace them up and get them ready to wear. In the middle of lacing up my shoes I started to feel really awake and I could feel my heart beating. The buzz lasted for about 4 1/2 hours and was really, really potent. The drink lived up to it's reputation for providing a strong buzz and it was pretty enjoyable for me. Cocaine contains 280 mg of Caffeine plus 750 mg of Taurine, 50 mg of L-Carnitine and 250 mg of D-Ribose. I really don't recommend drinking this on an empty stomach or if you're sensitive to caffeine, it really is strong and it lives up to it's reputation.

All in all, I was definitely more satisfied with the buzz Cocaine provided than the flavor. It didn't taste that great but provided me with one of the best energy buzzes I've ever had. I strongly recommend Cocaine if you're looking for a strong buzz and need to stay awake. Also, in case you're wondering I bought my can of Cocaine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!