Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jolt Orange Burst Energy Review

                              

I've enjoyed all of the other Jolt drinks I've had in the past so I definitely had to give this one a try. This is the last Jolt drink I haven't reviewed with the exception of the zero carb varieties, I don't plan to review them because I'm not the biggest fan of those kind of drinks, it's usually only "full flavor" energy drinks for me. Anyway, this is Jolt's orange flavored drink and judging by how good Blue Bolt and Wired Grape tasted, I figured this drink would taste pretty good. I picked it up and high expectations for it since the other Jolt drinks I've had weren't too bad.




The Can:
The can design is just right as I've mentioned before in my other Jolt reviews, it's a nice black and orange color scheme that works well for an orange flavored drink. They kept the design simple and it worked well.

The Drink:
When I opened this drink, it smelled a lot like an orange Tootsie-Pop, all of the Jolt drinks with the exception of Power Cola have a candy-like aroma. When I took a sip, it actually tasted a lot more like orange soda than orange candy, but there was actually a light orange candy aftertaste that I noticed. It tastes pretty much exactly like orange soda, and there's a nice aftertaste that's pretty enjoyable in my opinion. The Jolt company did a great job with the flavors in these 16 oz. drinks, they're really delicious and very easy to drink.

The Buzz:
All of the Jolt drinks have a pretty thourough list of energy ingredients, they don't list the amount of each but it's well known that Jolt drinks contain a lot of caffeine. Jolt drinks contain all of the ingredients you come to expect after drinking energy drinks for awhile and since there's a lot of caffeine you can assume that there's a good amount of the other ingredients too. The buzz from this drink really delivers, it's pretty effective and it's one of those buzzes that I actually seem to feel come on, and not just creep up. The buzz lasted a decent amount of time and slowly mellowed out, I didn't "crash" and it was really enjoyable.

All of the Jolt 16 oz. drinks are pretty good, if you've seen them in the store and hesitated to pick one up, don't next time. I really like these drinks and will probably pick a lot more up in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!