Thursday, May 5, 2011

Amp Lightning Energy Review

I haven't had or reviewed an Amp drink for awhile, but I wasn't extremely excited to try this drink. Amp has never really been my favorite energy drink brand and every time I need an energy drink I don't rush out and pick up an Amp. Still, this is the only Amp drink at the store I have't reviewed yet and I've been meaning to for the past month or so.
The Can:
The can design of this drink is pretty much what you'd expect for a lemon flavored drink, it doesn't look that bad and it makes sense. It's just your standard Amp can design colored for a lemon flavor, and that's it.

The Taste:
After cracking open the drink with the yellow tab on top, I took a pretty big drink because I was thirsty. The flavor of this drink caught me a little off guard, it really tasted like "real" lemonade, not like lemonade Kool-Aid or Gatorade but what actual lemonade, or actual lemons, taste like. It was somewhat of a natural taste even though this drink probably contains just about everything else except natural ingredients. I'm not the biggest fan of lemon flavored drinks but this flavor wasn't really horrible. It was strong and someone that's never actually had real lemons or lemonade before may not like it, it takes a little getting used to.

The Buzz:
As far as I can remember, Amp energy buzzes weren't the greatest. The buzz this drink gave me was about average. The buzz is there but don't believe all the weird slogans on the can. Personally, I didn't think the taste was that bad, but I can see a lot of people not liking it. The buzz was mediocre, and it was somewhat of an expensive drink.

If you really want to pay the price for it, there are drinks that are better in my opinion for the same price. Maybe if you're a big fan of lemons you should pick this up, but I don't really recommend it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!