Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Xyience Cherry Lime Energy Review

                                   

Well, this was my first Xyience drink and this is my first Xyience review. I've seen Xyience drinks in the cooler at Circle K numerous times but just recently picked one up, which was the cherry lime variety. Before opening the drink, I decided to do a little research on the Xyience company. Their website gave me some good info on their drinks. It turns out that this drink, and the two other ones at Circle K, are from their "Premium Energy Drink" line, which all contain zero calories and are sugar free. I'm not the biggest fan of sugar free drinks but I was still excited to try the drink anyway. I'll be on the lookout for Xyience's black can's, which are the "Xtreme Energy Drinks".


The Can:
The can design of this drink certainly isn't one of most complex or eye catching I've ever seen, but I like the overall simplicity of the whole can. They didn't go overboard with the design and even though it's basically a silver can with the Xyience logo and the UFC logo with some black text, it doesn't look horrible. Simplicity isn't always a bad thing and I like how orderly the can design is and the overall theme they went with. Now, the "Xtreme" variety of Xyience drinks have black cans, but unfortunately my local Circle K didn't have them.

The Drink:
As for flavor, Cherry Lime is a new flavor to me when it comes to energy drinks. I've had cherry drinks and I've had lime drinks, but I've never had one that was both. When I opened it and took a sip, the taste was hard to place. It's definitely a good mixture of cherry and lime and they're pretty evenly balanced out. That's really all there is to the flavor, it's just cherry and lime but it seems like lime is the flavor that leaves an aftertaste in your mouth. If somebody gave me this drink in a glass and didn't tell me that it had zero calories or zero sugar, I probably wouldn't notice. After you read the can and note that the drink contains no calories or sugar, you can definitely notice it but it's not horrible by any means. It tasted pretty good and they definitely did a good job making a unique flavor while also making it taste good while containing no calories or sugar, I was impressed.

The Buzz:
The energy blend of this drink is 1,340mg and it contains Taurine, Glucoronolactone, Caffeine, Guarana, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositol and L-Carnitine. The can doesn't say how much of each is in the drink, so I was kind of left hanging when knowing what to expect energy wise from this drink. I've heard good things about it in the past, and I did get a noticeable energy buzz. It was slightly above average, it's wasn't the strongest but it was definitely there. The energy buzz lasted me about 2 hours before it wore off, I didn't feel horrible after though and it probably didn't last as long because I wasn't very tired when I drank it.

All in all, this drink was pretty satisfying and I'm looking forward to reviewing more Xyience energy drinks in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!