Sunday, March 6, 2011

Max E Rush Energy Review

I was shopping at my local Save-A-Lot store, which is basically a bargain store with a lot of generic brands with unusual/funny names. Whenever I get drinks there I usually get a Rip It because they have a cooler full of them. But, in one aisle this drink caught my eye. My first impression was that the name was kind of funny, just like the "Mountain Holler" I get there sometimes. "Max E Rush" sounds like a feminine hygeine product for extreme sports athletes. Since it was only $1, I picked one up to give it a try. I put it in the freezer for about half an hour to get it nice and cold, then I took it out, opened it, and took a sip.


The Can:
As for the can design, it isn't the most impressive but it's alright. If you've ever shopped at Save-A-Lot, you know that most of the products either have a ridiculous design or name. Still, most products at Save-A-Lot aren't bad and taste like the real thing, like Dr. Pop is like Dr. Pepper and Mighty Steed is like Trojan Condoms (I'm joking).

The Drink:
Surprisingly it wasn't quite a Red Bull clone, but it was close. It tasted a little more strong though, which tasted really good to me. It wasn't quite as smooth as Red Bull either, but not bad.

The Buzz:
The buzz started out average and stayed that way. It wasn't very impressive but atleast there was a buzz in the first place. I felt a buzz but it was mellow and didn't last too long, it wasn't the worst though.

If you ever shop at a Save-A-Lot, pick up one of these with some "Over The Border" tortilla chips on the side, just for the novelty of it.

3 comments:

  1. I got one today by looking at the same place and it looked cool.I'm going to try it tomorrow :) Great review though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried and bought this energy drink for the past year and a half. I was buying this product from save-a-lot as well. I agree with your review.

    Sincerely & Respectfully,

    Randy Frost

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!