Thursday, January 27, 2011

Amp Relaunch Energy Review

Relaunch is Amp's orange drink, they have just about every other color so it's natural that they have an orange flavor too. No two orange flavored drinks I've had have tasted the same, even though Amp isn't my favorite company I was interested to see what they tried to pull off with their orange drink.
The Can:
Each Amp can looks the same as the next except for the color which is fitted to the flavor of the drink. I'm pretty sure that I've said that before but it's true. Relaunch is supposed to be an orange flavor therefore it has an orange and black Amp can, nothing special.

The Taste:
My two favorite citrus/orange drinks are NOS and the Fire variety of Relentless. The best way I can describe this drink is somewhere in the middle of those with a pretty nasty aftertaste. I don't know if they forgot that Amp was Mountain Dew's energy drink or what but this drink has no Mountain Dew flavor to it at all. It's strong like NOS with a decent orange flavor and wouldn't be so bad if it didn't leave such a bad aftertaste in your mouth. Some other Amp flavors leave bad aftertastes but none of them are as bad as Relaunch, I wonder why.

The Buzz:
Relaunch contains a similar obscure energy blend to the other Amp drinks, I don't know why they chose to throw in such odd and low numbers of their ingredients but I guess that's up to them. Still, the result is that same mediocre energy buzz I've experienced in the past with Amp drinks. I've said before that some people that don't like potent energy buzzes would like Amp and that remains true with this installment to the line.

With a bad orange flavor and mediocre energy buzz, I really can't recommend this drink to anybody. There are just too many better alternatives for the same price or cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!