Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hello Kitty Fizzy Pop Energy Drink Review


Name: Hello Kitty Fizzy Pop
Size: 8.4 fl. oz.
Caffeine Content: N/A
Energy blend: N/A
(no official website- just a link to the official Hello Kitty website)

I bought this drink at Five Below and believed that it was an energy drink. There's no hint on the can to it having any caffeine or energy blend of its own, but I feel that the overall feel of the drank alongside the fact that it may be perceived as such warrants it being reviewed here. I appreciate Hello Kitty's ability to remain a household name for such a long time, and looked forward to trying this drink.

Can/Design:


This is the second (if I'm not miscounting) energy drink I've had with a "shrink-wrapped" design on the can. "Shrink-wrapped" means that the design is glued, as opposed to being printed, onto the surface of the can. You could peel it off if you tried hard enough. Aside form that detail, it looks really good. It's so simple but maintains an aesthetic principle that pleases the eye and almost makes this as much of a expressive statement as it is a consumerist one. It looks as plain as I believe it should. Literally, what you see in the picture above is essentially how the can looks.

Taste:


The technical flavor that this drink is supposed to have is "cherry limeade". How well can you imagine what that tastes like off the top of your head? I would say that the flavor leaned more towards cherry than limeade, but that was based on my palette and yours may disagree. I find it difficult to find anything else to say about this drink aside from the fact that it tastes like cherries and sugar.

Energy:


Upon doing a bit of research, I've found that this drink does indeed lack caffeine. Don't expect anything more than a sugar-buzz here- aside from a placebo, maybe. 

As previously mentioned, reviewing this drink was based solely on the fact that I believe (hope?) other consumers would think this is an energy drink as much as I did before I bought it. It's not- but still worth trying if you're looking right at it at a store near you and have the means to give it a buy. It's nothing spectacular, but is a decent-enough example of how marketing a brand can be done quite successfully despite such marketing being done in an area where there's seemingly no need for said brand to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!