Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Killer Buzz Hybrid Energy Review

Admittedly, reviewing several energy drinks from the same brand can get a bit repetitive. Often, the only thing that varies between drinks is the flavor. Some flavors have gimmicks different than their counterparts but it still gets fairly repetitive. But, I can't help but be very grateful for the samples I recieve in the mail and I really need to finish reviewing the Killer Buzz drinks that I recieved in the mail over a month ago. Anyway, Hybrid is the berry flavor from Killer Buzz's newly revamped line of drinks. With the front of the can saying that the drink is, "A mongrel mix of beneficial berries" one would except the drink to have exactly that. I don't know if I've ever had a drink that contains a "mongrel mix" but I was fairly excited to give the next drink from the Killer Buzz line a try anyway.


The Can:
The berry flavor of this drink changes the color scheme of the can that is now familiar after a couple of reviews to red. The basic silver and red look of the can is simple, yet nice looking. The same unique, somewhat humorous text on the back of each can is of course present with this drink, and all in all the can looks good. There really isn't much to add, I feel like the can designs of these drinks are kind of different, but effective enough to where they don't look bad.

The Drink:
Anyone knows that there are several kinds of berries, and therefore a "berry" flavor is hard to describe. When I popped open the tab on the top of the can and took a sip, I tasted a rather delicious berry drink that was rather satisfying. The inability to really describe exactly how this drink tastes does not mean that it tastes bad. It was very drinkable, and after drinking all of the other flavors I evaluated that Hybrid was one of my favorites.

The Buzz:
Just like the others, Hybrid contains a decent 200 mg of caffeine. I've always considered caffeine to be the main energy-providing ingredient in energy drinks simply because everyone knows that it provides energy. It also contains GHAA, the hornet secretion that provides energy and makes these drinks unique. Again, just like the other Killer Buzz drinks I recieved a satisfactory and nice buzz from this drink. Just like before, it wasn't literally "killer" but definitely satisfied my need for some nice energy.

I would say that Hybrid is the Killer Buzz flavor for somebody that really likes the "red berry" taste of some energy drinks. As I said, after trying each drink I would put Hybrid in the my top 3. I don't know when Killer Buzz will show up at your favorite convenience store letalone my favorite convenience store, but when it does it's definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!