Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vegasfuel Energy Review

The fact that I seem to stay pretty much situated in Northeastern Ohio plays a few roles in my life. For one, my energy drink selection which is actually pretty vast is still limited since I don't travel a lot, and I've never been to Las Vegas. Actually, Vegasfuel comes from Central Pennsylvania but it's themed after Las Vegas. So, while it's not unlikely that I would find this drink it's pretty different for me to be reviewing a drink that's themed after a city. I had heard of Vegasfuel many times over before I found it, and I'm pretty sure I'd even read a few reviews of it before. Well, now it's time for my own review of Vegasfuel, so let's see how it can compete in the can, taste, and buzz categories,


The Can:
Although I'm supposed to critique energy drinks, I have to say that I really like this drink's can. I like cans that are nice and simple, which Vegasfuel's is. The simple black, white, and red color scheme looks good. There's a minimal amount of extra text on the can, and all in all it looks fine. As opposed to some drinks that I've seen with really busy cans, this sleek can looks nice and there really isn't much else that I can say pertaining to the can.

The Taste:
A black, white, and red can doesn't really give any indication of the flavor of the drink, at least at first. Maybe the red circle on front is there for a reason other than to make the can a little more interesting, because Vegasfuel is a fruit punch flavored drink. I've had a few different fruit punch flavored energy drinks before. It would be possible to try to disect the flavor and explain each taste, but in general it's just fruit punch. It tastes really good too, it's nice and smooth and isn't extremely strong tasting. It has a nice little bite to the taste, and any regualar consumer of energy drinks that also somewhat coincidentally really likes fruit punch would love this drink.

The Buzz:
Vegasfuel contains a somewhat average but decent 142 mg of caffeine. It also contains the somewhat usual by now bundle of taurine, guarana, ginseng, and b-vitamins. This isn't a "hardcore" energy drink by any means but I can safely say that I felt rather energized after drinking it. Actually, other people told me that it worked too and that I seemed more energized. I was satisfied with what this drink provided, it worked well and did as I expected for a drink of it's kind.

I've come to hold expectations for energy drinks after drinking them for so long, and it's safe to say that Vegasfuel met all of the expectations that I had for it. For what it is, it's a pretty good energy drink and just to have something different once in awhile I'll probably buy it and drink it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!