Thursday, October 25, 2012

Euphoric Watermelon Kiwi Energy Review

I actually recieved this drink in an "energy drink trade" at school with my friend Justin AKA Purple Hays. He had this drink and knowing that I had this website told me about it, so I traded him an energy drink and ended up with a new one that I've never had to try and review. As soon as I heard about it I was intrigued, mostly because I'd never heard of Euphoric energy and I've also never had a watermelon kiwi flavored energy drink. When I got the drink, I was excited to try it so I put it in the fridge for a while and then took it out and gave it a try.




The Can:
This is an interesting energy drink can. As opposed to being "hardcore" like some energy drinks or being sport-related like others are, it's sort of in the middle of sporty and futuristic. Euphoric's slogan is "the future of energy", that may be true but I hadn't heard of it until the other day. The blue and black looks nice enough, but I wonder why they didn't go with a green and pink design since it's a watermelon flavor. It still looks good, although being somewhat of a weird look for an energy drink. It has some text on the back and actually lists all of the caffeine and other ingredients. All in all, it's not a terrible can but is quite a bit different than something like a Rockstar or Monster, not that that's a bad thing.

The Taste:
In my opinion, this is really where this drink stands out. I hate it when I find a new energy drink it's just a Red Bull clone, thankfully this definitely isn't. It really does taste like a Jolly Rancher candy, and has a really nice "energy drink" flavor which I appreciate. I drank it quickly because it tasted so good. I think this drink has been out for a while, which makes sense considering it tastes how it does. I like energy drinks that taste this way. I like "rehydration" ones too like what have came out recently and everything but nice and sweet energy drinks like this are my favorite. If you like watermelon, kiwi and energy drinks, this is for you.

The Buzz:
This drink contains (per serving, two servings per 16 oz, can) 70 mg of Caffeine, 600 mg of Taurine, 25 mg of Ginseng, 40 mg of Damiana Leaf Extract, 80 mg of Inositol, 30 mg of Maca Root Extract, and 50 mg of Suma Root Extract. I'm actually familiar with only a few of those ingredients, enough so to say that they contain about your average amont for an energy drink, nothing extreme. Just by looking at the can, you can tell that this drink isn't an "extreme energy drink", made to make you almost die or anything. Instead, it just offers good results and energy. I drank this is the afternoon, and by the evening I was pretty awake, I wasn't super hyper but I was a lot more alert and I had a buzz that lasted for a while. I also didn't "crash" which is interesting because this drink doesn't contain Glucoronolactone which is supposed to prevent the energy drink crash with some people.

I'm glad I got to try this drink, it tasted great and provided a nice buzz which I enjoyed. Justin told me that it came from a store called Ollie's that I am somewhat familiar with, so that would probably be a good place to check for it. I would say that it's worth a try, simply because it has such a unique and good taste and it works. I couldn't find much wrong with it, and I thought it was pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. I bought a case of this energy drink and after taking one drink of it, I thought I had made a mistake in buying the case. However, after waiting a few days and trying it again I really liked this energy drink. It is not as smooth as I like nevertheless, it is still good. I reckon the reason that I did not like it at first was because of eating something sweet and my taste buds did not agree with this energy drink and that something sweet that I ate. I do not remember what it was that I ate, I do remember that it was sweet though.

    I agree with your review on this energy drink.

    Sincerely & Respectfully

    Randy Frost

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try this but never heard of it. Where is this sold?

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!