Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Monster Cuba Lima Energy Review

Sometimes, I'm torn between saying that Monster is an overpriced, shelf-crowding company or saying that it's just an energy drink and nobody should read into energy drinks that much. However, that's a hypocritical statement considering I started this website to read way too much into energy drinks. So, without furthur rambling let's read into one of Monster's new drinks, Cuba Lima. I never thought I'd be reviewing an energy drink called "Cuba Lima" and just when I think I've ran out of energy drinks a new one pops up somewhere. Cuba Lima is based on the mixed alchoholic drink, Cuba-Libre. However, instead of alchohol you get Monster's energy blend. A Cuba Libre is basically some lime, rum, and coca-cola. So, that makes Cuba Lima lime, Monster's energy blend, and some kind of cola flavor since Monster can't use actual Coke. I found this at the store not longer after I heard about it, and not longer after purchasing it I cracked it open and gave it a try.

The Can:
Monster does a genuinely impressive job with their can designs for the most part. At least for the average consumer, Monster's products have a very nice appearance. In my opinion, they've had some designs that are stupid but Cuba Lima is an exception. It's just a 16 oz. energy drink can, but with a cool texture to it. It's not a "sandpaper" texture, but it kind of reminds me of the texture on Rockstar's Energy Cola drink. The all black and green looks good and definitely fits Monster and the whole lime theme too. It also has a kind of "dark" vibe which is fitting considering Halloween is right around the corner as I write this. I like the can a lot, and it should be easy to spot at the store.

The Taste:
Cuba Lima tastes pretty good if you ask me. The lime is there, the cola is there, and it tastes as an energy drink should in my opinion. It's also sweet enough, not too sweet and not flat either. I downed it seriously quick, but slow enough to be able to examine and enjoy the flavor. It's rare, but there are times when energy drinks come out that I can't finish. However, I'd have to say that Cuba Lima is certainly not a drink of this kind. I enjoyed it, I've never had a Cuba-Libre but once I'm 21 or am around irresponsible adults at a somewhat relaxing but mostly sexually tense and jean-short infested bar setting I might give one a try. This stuff tastes good, and I enjoyed it.

The Buzz:
Cuba Lima contains the "standard" Monster energy blend. It's obviously a drink marketed for the new flavor and cool design, but the nice buzz that the Monster blend always packs is a great addition. I was awake for quite some time, and I really felt good for a while. I like it when I drink an energy drink and then feel happy and ambitious, however that happens.

Cuba Lima is a good drink and is in my opinion well worth at least a try to see if you like it. I really did, and will probably pick it up again just because it's new and tastes great. The can is also pretty good, and looks nice on my shelf which has about 100 other energy drink cans on it.

7 comments:

  1. it is the best monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Monster. I Love It

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had my first Cuba Lima today (I'm 12 btw, and I have ADHD) I loved the taste, but I got no energy boost, and I never have with an energy drink, or even coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this drink. It gave me a little more awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're can i get it at?(FL, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this monster it is by far my favorite. I buy it at walmart or gas stations here. (missouri)

    ReplyDelete
  7. needs to be in the big can!

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!