Friday, February 8, 2013

Roaring Lion Sugar Free Energy Review

When it comes to sugar free energy drinks, I am far from the "expert" that I am on regular energy drinks. I've had several sugar free energy drinks before but for the most part when I'm looking for an energy drink to try I'll almost always pick up a regular one. I enjoyed the regular Roaring Lion drink which I previously reviewed, so I was eagar to see what the sugar free variety was like. Much like the regular Roaring Lion flavor, this drink is available in some different sizes and everything. Let's find out if this sugar free drink can still provide a satisfying buzz or if it falls flat, and how the taste holds up despite being sugar free.


The Can:
These Roaring Lion products that my fridge has become familiar with lately have a pretty distinctive look to them. Appropriately, this drink is very similar to the regular variety of Roaring Lion but the shade of blue on the can is signifigantly lighter. On the 12 oz. cans (pictured above), there is a red bar spanning the front of the can containing the slogan "Lionize Yourself!". This is missing from the 16 oz. cans but looks good anyway. I like that the sugar free has it's own identity color-wise. The yellow lion on the front is a nice touch, and if you're into sugar free drinks then I can't find any reason why this drink wouldn't be appealing. As for the "Lionize Yourself!" slogan, you'll have to keep reading to see if I transformed into a predator of the jungle.

The Taste:
I have certainly drank a lot of Roaring Lion lately, I'm pretty sure it would show up in my blood sample. To be blunt, this tastes like Sugar Free Roaring Lion. This tasted exactly like I thought it would, just more like a "diet" version of regular Roaring Lion. Roaring Lion itself tastes similar in a sense to some other energy drinks but is different in a good way also. Like I said, I'm not the biggest fan of sugar free drinks but I had no problem drinking all of my sugar free cans of Roaring Lion. Believe me, when you like energy drinks as much as me and recieve free samples for reviews, the sugar free ones that are always left after I pretty much demolish the regular varieties are awesome to have.

The Buzz:
I've had plenty of "buzzes" purely from sugar in my life, and sometimes I wonder if the large amounts of sugar in energy drinks (which are subject to much controversy) play a role in how well of a buzz they provide. Well, since this drink doesn't have any sugar that will not matter. To be totally honest, I recieved the same nice buzz from the sugar free variety as I did from the regular. It was not lackluster in any way, and got me awake on many, many mornings before school (I'm actually writing this at 6:18 AM, at least it's Friday!). I enjoyed the buzz this drink provided, it lasted a while and I''ve drank so many of these that I can safely say that there is no crash. Oh, and I also stayed in human form, I was not exactly "Lionized", but I don't think that's what they meant anyway.

If you're trying to go on a diet, really wanting to drink a sugar free energy drink called Roaring Lion, drink an energy drink with a nice light blue can, or just drink something that's good then you should buy this and drink it. I like this drink a lot, and was satisfied with it's results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!