Sunday, February 12, 2012

Venom Killer Taipan Energy Review

Venom is the kind of energy drink that I see at the store all the time yet pretty much never buy. In fact, only once or twice have I bought a Venom drink other than for a review. However, this particular flavor of Venom caught my eye at a GetGo gas station and I decided to pick it up and try it out. I have to say, the name "Killer Taipan" is slightly amusing for an energy drink. The whole snake theme with Venom is unique and for some reason I found the fact that I was drinking something named "Killer Taipan" funny. Anyway, let's see if this Venom drink is worth buying and trying or if it's as nasty as the last energy drink I reviewed. I really, really hope it isn't.


The Bottle:
I really like Venom's choice of packaging, it's not extremely unique but the fact that it's a bit different and more creative than the average design is a plus. I like the way the bottle is put together, and as I said the snake theme is unique. I live in Ohio, it's been snowing a lot lately and I really can't imagine a large, several foot long snake slithering down a snowy street with a hat and earmuffs on. So, this drink has really been the only way I've dealt with snakes and really the only way I care to at the moment. But yeah, the bottle design is cool and it stands out from others at the store. I doubt you'll mistakenly buy another energy drink thinking it's Venom. But who buy's Venom other than people like me anyway?

The Drink:
This drink is supposed to be a mango flavor. I know I've had mango before but upon twisting open the bottle I didn't quite know what to expect. I have to say, this drink tastes exceptionally good. For those not familar, in my opinion mango has a citrus-like taste. It's not spot-on but the taste is somewhat similar. This drink tasted beyond sweet, and packed a nice "bite" also. It was very satisfying, and you're someone like me who feels satisfaction from tasting the familar energy drink taste after not having an energy drink for awhile, this drink tastes perfect. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I found this to taste abnormally good, and I think I would easily pick this up again just for taste.

The Buzz:
It's no surprise that this drink contains exactly what you would expect to find in an energy drink of it's kind. There's Taurine, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol and some B vitamins. I was busy after consuming this and I can safely say that this drink did what it was supposed to and kept me awake. The buzz wasn't sub-par nor was it amazing, it just kept me nice and alert after I was feeling a bit tired and I was satisfied with the buzz that the drink provided. It's hard to explain but if you've had as many energy drinks as I have you'll probably feel that this drink is exactly what it should be, nothing more and nothing less.

In closing, I was fairly satisfied with this drink. It tastes exceptionally good and packed a nice buzz. If you can find it, I suggest picking it up and at least trying it. I don't know but this may be a bit harder to find than the other Venom varieties, as I've been Black Mamba at a lot of places but have only seen this once which was at the GetGo station where I purchased it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!