Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mountain Dew Kickstart Limeade Energy Review


Name: Mountain Dew Kickstart (Limeade Flavor)
Size: 16 oz
Caffeine content: 92 mg per can
Calories: 80 calories per can

Mountain Dew's Kickstart drinks are often advertised and easily available. They entered the energy drink market quickly, and have since released a few different flavors. One that I hadn't tried yet was the Limeade flavor, which isn't one of their two original's. According to this Mountain Dew Wiki, the Limeade and Black Cherry varieties were released as "nighttime" drinks as opposed to the early morning, "kickstart your day" oriented themes of their earliest flavors. Nonetheless, I couldn't avoid trying this drink even though it was the early afternoon.

This drink's can is nicely put together, as it should be in belonging to the Mountain Dew trademark. The green and black fit nicely together, with a green tab on top adding a final touch to the design. Spanning the top of the can are, "5% Juice", "Caffeine", and "Electrolytes" along with a small Mountain Dew logo and a diagonal silver stripe that slices through the other Mountain Dew logo on the can.

Limeade isn't necessarilly a flavor that I drink everyday, but one that sounded good enough, to me, to make a reasonable energy drink. The drink has a sour, lime taste that is smooth and tasty. It wasn't crisp or refreshing to me, but very drinkable. It was reminiscent of the original Mountain Dew flavor, which I can tolerate despite it not being my absolute favorite.

I'm not really sure what Mountain Dew is trying to do as far as energy goes with these drinks. It contains 92 mg of caffeine per 16 oz. I generally consider this a low amount, since I've had drinks of the same size and even way smaller that had more caffeine. I don't think Mountain Dew is going for "extreme energy", but I believe that the drink will ultimately be consumed by those looking for an energy drink. The buzz wasn't nonexistent, but would have been more enjoyable if it were more strong alongside the great taste of this drink.

I payed a little over $1 for this, which didn't lead to very much disappointment. If you like limeade, you could try this. But, don't expect anything too ridiculous in the energy buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!