Saturday, March 10, 2012

Red Rain Downpour Energy Review

Downpour is the third Red Rain drink that I've purchased from the Dollar Tree near my house. As with Hydroplane, which I reviewed recently, I was fairly surprised to find this. As I've said, it's kind of strange but interesting for a drink that is essentially a Red Bull clone to have a few other flavors which appear to be original. As for the name "Downpour", I feel that it fits with the name Red Rain much better than whatever a Hydroplane is does. I'm almost positive that this is the first time I've reviewed a drink that's centered this much around precipitation, not that it matters.



The Can:
As I'm pretty sure I said with Hydroplane, this drink's can is actually alright in my opinion. Again, however, the font that they used for the word "Downpour" makes no sense, and genuinely does look very out of of place. Other than that, the design is a bit confusing but the green kind of works for the flavor of the drink and all in all it doesn't look awful for a drink that was only $1. It contains a lot of your standard energy drink information, including a few things that become blatantly obvious with most energy drinks after you've been drinking them for awhile.

The Drink:
Downpour is a Cherry Limeade flavor, a flavor that a lot of people may have heard of but most people probably aren't familiar with the taste of. I openend the can and took a sip, and when I did I was met with a fairly pleasant "Cherry Limeade" flavor. I feel that I can best describe this drink by saying that it is light and smooth, if that makes sense. I wouldn't compare it to other similar drinks I've had in the past, it's fairly unique in my opinion. This drink is almost "crisp" to the taste and I found it fairly enjoyable, I wouldn't call this repulsive by any means and it actually tasted pretty good to me.

The Buzz:
Downpour contains 142 mg of Caffeine, Taurine, Inositol and your fairly standard energy-drink-assortment of B-Vitamins. I had this drink in the morning, and I did feel substantially more awake for a little while. The buzz was mild and enjoyable, and exactly what I expected from this drink. Expecting something extreme from a $1 energy drink doesn't really make sense, and I can say that you will get your $1's worth of energy from this drink.

All in all, if you see this at the Dollar Tree you can safely pick it up and not be disappointed in my opinion. It's not awful, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. As usual, make sure yout throw this in the fridge for awhile if your local Dollar Tree just puts energy drinks on shelves like mine does.

3 comments:

  1. I see that you haven't listed the "Precipitation" one here. Out of all of them, I liked it best because it's watermelon flavored, which isn't a common energy drink flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these do not work.im working a graveyard shift as a security guard right now as I speak and I just drank 1 and it did not help me at all. I am still sleepy. it's been 2 hours since I finished the can!DO NOT BUY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was good and it gave me energy. I got mine at Family Dollar.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!