Sunday, July 15, 2012

Killer Buzz Dragon Spit Energy Review

I have to admit, the name "Dragon Spit" for an energy drink is a bit odd. It's pretty original though, and since I do not know any dragons I will not be able to validate whether or not this actually tastes like their saliva. Instead, it's supposed to taste like dragon fruit, something that I was not aware existed. When I first looked at the can I thought that this drink could possibly be an orange or citrus flavor, but that isn't exactly what it's supposed to be. Thus far, the Killer Buzz line hasn't been too bad. I've appreciated their use of "buzz" in the name, something I've always referred the effect you get from energy drinks as.



The Can:
With Dragon Spit, we find Killer Buzz using their familiar design but in this case changing it to orange. I've had a couple of oppurtunities to review entire lines of energy drinks lately and the case with both has been that the drinks have basic designs with the colors and a few details on the can changing with each particular flavor. I like the amusing paragraphs that are on the back of Killer Buzz cans. Dragon Spit describes "the great worm" leaving his cave, soaring through the air, and breathing fire upon his foes. I really have no idea what that has to do with energy drinks, but why not? The little description on the bottom of the front of the can says Dragon Spit is an "Exotic taste and bountiful booste", which is also a pretty interesting description.

The Taste:
I'd never had dragon fruit to my knowledge before trying this drink, so I really had no idea of what to expect. Simply put, I wish I had because I would have tried the drink much sooner that way. I don't currently have a "best tasting energy drinks" section on my website but if I did this would undoubtedly make it there. I remember trying this drink for the first time about two months ago, and really, really enjoying the flavor. I try not to get too intricate with my flavor descriptions, but the slight mango taste this has coupled with dragon fruit tastes pretty good. I found this drink to be unusually good, something that doesn't happen often with energy drinks. This is the kind of thing that I would drink time and time again for the taste, kind of like the original Rockstar.

The Buzz:
As usual, Dragon Spit contains GHAA, the Giant Hornet secretion that makes this drink unique, and dragon fruit in itself has it's own atttibutes. The Killer Buzz website says:

"The dragon fuit is rich in phosphorus and calcium as well as antioxidants, and is believed to increases the excretion of heavy metal toxins while lowering cholesterol and blood pressure."

If it increases the excretion of the heavy metal toxins, I have to wonder why I did not throw the devil horns after trying this drink. Nonetheless, this drink contains the standard Killer Buzz 200 mg of caffeine, taurine, amino acids, amongst other things. The buzz this drink provided matched the rest of the Killer Buzz drinks I've tried. It was satisfying, although not literally killer as I was fine after drinking this. The buzz was good, and didn't disappoint.

All in all, Dragon Spit tastes pretty delicious. I thought it tasted great, and would buy it for the taste alone. The buzz was also satisfying, and I can't find much to complain about with the drink. Dragon Spit wasn't half bad, and I recommend trying it out. The taste alone makes this drink a worthwhile purchase in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Youngstown ohio were can I get more

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!