Sunday, July 15, 2012

Speed Unleaded Energy Review

I find it funny that this drink is called Unleaded for some reason. It's sugar free, so the name makes sense. Still, for some reason the fact that the name is so appropriate is somewhat amusing to me. I've really enjoyed the three other Speed drinks that I tried, and although sugar free drinks aren't really my thing I still had high hopes for Unleaded. Several energy drink brands have sugar free versions of their regular drinks, but Unleaded is different than some in that it is it's own unique flavor. Unleaded fits in nicely with the rest of the line, and I looked forward to giving it a try as I took it out of my fridge.



The Can:
Speed chose to use pink for this particular flavor's color scheme, which I don't think means that it's for women. The color of the can actually matches the flavor, as it is a cranberry/pomegranate flavor. Well, I've actually never mixed cranberry and pomegranate but for some reason pink suits those two flavors to me. This can is as sleek as ever, and I feel that the pink matches the design especially well. I personally don't mind, but to some this can may look a bit feminine. I've had so many energy drinks that it doesn't phase me, and I feel that the can looks pretty nice. It contains your typical energy drink information with the nice Speed logo on the front, and is undoubtedly a nice looking can.

The Taste:
I have to admit, for a sugar free drink with zero calories, this drink doesn't taste bad. The flavor is as described above, cranberry pomegranate is not a flavor that I have every day but one that doesn't taste bad. This drink had a pretty slight "sugar free" taste and I thought that it tasted fine. It was very easy to drink, and far from not tasty. Speed's website describes the flavor as "so sweet your mama would drink it". Well, I do think that it was sweet but I doubt that my Mom would drink it, not that it's a bad drink but my Mom really doesn't like energy drinks.

The Buzz:
As just about anyone knows, sugar can get you nice and hyped up if you have a lot of it. As you know, Unleaded is sugar free but it does still contain the usual Taurine, Caffeine, Guarana, Glucoronolactone, etc. I felt the same great energy buzz from Unleaded that I did from the other varieties. The buzz was very satisfying, especially when I had it in the morning. It lasted for quite some time, and all in all was good. So, despite being sugar free, Unleaded can provide you with a buzz that is on par with other Speed flavors.

I was satisfied with Unleaded, it tasted pretty good for being sugar free and having zero carbs, and it was nice to know that something that tasted so good was a little healthier. I would definitely reccomend this to somebody who likes sugar free things, or is trying to be healthier while still getting their daily caffeine fix like I am. This was the last Speed drink that I tried, and all in all I'm very satisfied with the line. It's nice, and if it were available in my area I would probably buy it quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!