Thursday, July 12, 2012

Speed Fuel Energy Review

Robby Gordon's Speed line of energy drinks has been pretty good so far. I've really enjoyed them, and looked forward to giving Fuel a try. Fuel is an "orange" flavor as you can tell by looking at the can. "Orange" as a flavor description doesn't say much, and I remember one of my early observations with energy drinks being that no two orange drinks taste quite the same. With the other two Speed drinks I've had being pretty good, I had high expectations for Fuel. I assumed that it would taste good and provide substantial energy, just as the other two flavors did. If Fuel is in fact tasty, it will undoubtedly be yet another great drink in the Speed line.


The Can:
Fuel maintains the familiar design of the Speed line with the color of this particular can changing to orange. I've said before that I like the Speed designs, and Fuel is no exception. I feel that these cans have a rather "sleek" appearance. They contain the appropriate amount of info and I really can't find anything to complain about with them. It does in fact hold the energy drink that is inside of it quite well, which it is supposed to do.

The Taste:
Octane, the lemon variety of Speed has been my favorite flavor so far. Orange drinks tend to be citrus-like (NOS), have an orange juice flavor, or taste like orange candies of some kind. Fuel falls somewhere into the "orange juice flavor" category, but not quite. I've evaluated that all of the Speed drinks have a very smooth and crisp taste. Fuel is a very smooth and crisp orange juice-like flavor that has hints of tangerine to it as well. I finished it easily, and it tastes good. I wouldn't say that is has replaced Octane as my favorite, but I feel that is was good and that about anybody would enjoy it.

The Buzz:
Just like the other two Speed drinks I've tried, Fuel is very satisfying in the buzz category. The buzz that these drinks provide is about normal, but not in a bad way. It's not ineffective and it's not deadly either. It was on par with my expectations and I felt that it did it's job well. The buzz that Fuel provided lasted for quite some time, and once it wore off I didn't "crash", although I can't recall any instances of that ever happening.

For any fan of "orange" energy drinks, Fuel is an ideal buy. It's flavor is not my favorite from the Speed line, but that doesn't mean that it's bad by any means. I thought it just as good as any other Speed drink I've had, and suggest giving it a try if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!