Sunday, July 15, 2012

Killer Buzz Livid Energy Review

It's only natural that the Killer Buzz line includes a grape flavor, and it is obvious that Livid is in fact a grape flavor just by looking at the can. The rest of the Killer Buzz line has been satisfying and I really couldn't think of any reason why Livid wouldn't also be. Grape flavors are usually different from one another, so I looked forward to giving this a try. So far, I like the unique flavors of Killer Buzz and their rather interesting can descriptions. So, let's see how Livid can compete with the rest of the line in the can, taste, and buzz categories.




The Can:
I almost feel like saying "here we go again" while writing this. Again, Livid is the familiar Killer Buzz design but of course changed to purple to suit a grape flavor. The small description on the front of the can says that it's a "grape concoction that packs a punch". I am somewhat thankful that Killer Buzz doesn't have a fruit punch flavor, because if they did they could possibly say that it "packs a punch" and I feel that doing that would be a bit much. As for the little paragraph on the back of the can, it sounds like someone was just a little angry while writing it. I believe that "Livid" means angry, but as with the rest of the line this is an energy drink and in fact not one that induces anger.

The Taste:
To make a long story (description?) short, this tastes like a grape Jolly Rancher candy. The Killer Buzz website says that they "worked hard to get the perfect grape smack-your-lips taste". I know what they mean, grape does tend to have a very good flavor if done correctly. This drink is no exception, and when I had my large stash of Killer Buzz drinks I found myself returning to Livid often. I found it very, very easy to drink and unless you have a strong dislike for grape I really can't see not enjoying this drink's flavor.

The Buzz:
Livid contains the Killer Buzz GHAA, the energy-providing Giant Hornet secretion that is unique to Killer Buzz and a pretty cool idea. It also contains the 200 mg of Caffeine and a pretty standard variety of energy providing ingredients with the exception of the GHAA. The buzz this drink provided was nice, and pretty satisfying. When it wore off, I really didn't feel a crash and all in all the buzz was satisying. Again, the buzz wasn't literally "killer" and I lived to tell the tale and write this.

I recommend giving Livid a try, especially if you're a fan of grape flavors. The grape flavor was somewhat "standard", but the drink still tasted good. I do not know where you can purchase Killer Buzz drinks, but if you have the oppurtunity to and like grape flavors, Livid is the drink for you. Livid won't disappoint, and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!