Sunday, January 8, 2012

6 Hour Power Very Berry Energy Shot Review

Nothing in particular about this shot is exciting to me, it's not really original and I really don't think that it will be anything special. Still, I picked it up in a two-pack at Wal-Mart conveniently and naturally located right next to 5 Hour Energy. I'm not an expert on how energy ingredients work at all, but I really don't know how they could calculate the certain amount of ingredients that can give you one more hour of energy than the industry-leading energy shot. Still, a lot of people would see this claim as a bonus and would be willing to pay the money for a supposed one more hour of energy. With "power" in the name, I had to check the back label to see if this shot contained steroids of any kind, It didn't.


The Bottle:
This shot's bottle is pretty much what you would expect from the exact kind of product it is. It mimics 5 Hour Energy in a way, it has claims to it's potency in big letters on the front, there are quite a few warnings on the bottle, and there are also some berries on the front. While nothing special, it does what it was meant to do and looks alright. It's pretty obvious that they weren't trying to be extremely original with this shot, and the bottle portrays that. It's really the shot that's contained inside that counts with an energy shot of this kind.

The Shot:
Since I bought this shot in a two-pack, I gave one to my brother and kept one for myself. When my brother drank his, he said that it tasted like apple juice. I agree, it's really a mixed flavor but it ultimately ends up tasting like apple juice with a sweeter aftertaste. I like the taste, it wasn't that bad and was easy to consume. It's nothing special, but I think anyone would be able to drink it fairly easily with no problem.

The Buzz:
If you're reading this, you're probably wondering if this shot provides 6 hours of energy. Well, that's hard to notice if you ask me. I usually drink a shot, feel an effect, but it's not like I'm constantly looking at a clock waiting for the buzz to wear off. Anyway, not long after consuming this I did in fact start to feel more energized. It's not necessarily an "energy buzz", with most shots you do feel more awake and alert but it''s not energizing in the sense that you'll be bouncing off the walls with energy. This shot undoubtedly helped me get through the day, I felt up for anything and the effects did last for awhile. I really wouldn't say that they lasted for 6 hours though, probably about 4 to 4 1/2 hours or so. The effects were satisfying and despite not meeting the 6 hour claim in my opinion I did feel much more awake and I feel that I got my money's worth in the buzz department.

If you want to try an energy shot or are just looking for something different then pick this up. You're not going to get something totally unique, but you will get a fairly drinkable shot that will keep you awake and alert for a large portion of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!