Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rip It Code Blue Energy Shot Review

I've always enjoyed reviewing Rip It products, and it seems like they're the brand that I review most often. For a brand that you would consider a "discount" brand because their drinks are all $1, they have outstanding drinks a ton of varieties. I've had two other Rip It energy shots before, and I looked forward to trying this one as soon as I saw it. I love the color blue, and blue drinks are also enticing to me for some reason. With the exception of Antifreeze, blue drinks seem to always to taste good to me. However, this really isn't a drink obviously but I also looked forward to trying it because it was an opportunity to veer away from the standard, generic "berry" flavor of energy shots.

The Bottle:
I like this shot's bottle, the blue looks nice and everything and I like how it looks similar to a 16 oz. Rip It energy drink can in a way. However, there's somewhat of a "blemish" on the bottle which you can probably spot fairly quickly just by looking at the above picture. For some reason, they decided to place a little white bubble that says "sugar free" in it rather awkwardly above the Rip It logo. It really doesn't look bad, but it kind of throws the evenness of the design off. Still, the average person probably wouldn't notice or care. Of course, there's a box of warnings on the back of the bottle too. All in all, I think this shot's bottle looks the best out of all the Rip It shots I've tried. They're all fairly similar, but the blue just looks really nice.

The Shot:
Upon twisting open the bottle, I was met with a fairly nice scent and upon drinking the shot quickly, I was also met with a nice flavor. The flavor is a bit difficult to describe, it also has a grape flavor to it but right before you can call it a grape flavor it is mellowed out by a nice and tasty berry flavor. I enjoyed the flavor of this shot a lot, it didn't require a "chaser" at all and I think it was unusually tasty for an energy shot. I highly recommend this is you want a shot that you won't have to plug your nose to drink or anything.

The Buzz:
This shot contains a nice 100 mg of caffeine, niacin, and all of your other standard energy shot ingredients for the most part. While it's not that uncommon at this point in time, I really appreciate how they don't promise a certain amount of time that you'll feel energized (5 hours, 6 hours, all day, 3 1/2 weeks). It's gotten old to me and unless it's 5 Hour Energy it just makes the shot seem like a rip off right out of the gate. Anyway, I drank this at about 6:30 AM on what I knew was going to be a long day. I was really tired at the time and could have definitely used a lift in energy. When I left my house at about 7:00, I felt much more awake and alert. I didn't feel tired anymore and I felt like I was ready to take on the day. The buzz was really noticeable, which isn't always common with me. I felt the nice lift all day yet never felt a crash and didn't have trouble sleeping that night. I have to say, I really enjoyed the buzz this shot provided. For a shot with such a nice flavor, I was pleasantly surprised.

If you can find this shot, by all means buy it. For only $1, it's really good and I really enjoyed it. The flavor's good, the buzz is good, and it's well worth what you pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!