Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Red Rain Energy Review

Sometimes when I find a new energy drink somewhere, I feel that it actually might be a unique drink worth trying and maybe buying again. However, just by looking at this drink's name you should be able to tell that it's really nothing special. Aftershock, Red Thunder, and Loop are all drinks I've reviewed in the past that don't necessarily have unique  characteristics but are worth reviewing just for the sake of adding another review to the site and for the benefit of those who actually care about the energy drinks you often see collecting dust of the shelves of Dollar Stores nationwide. So, today we're going to take a look at Red Rain, I've seen it at Wal-Mart before but actually picked up my can at the Dollar Tree. You'll never guess how much I paid for it...

The Can:
Believe it or not, the lack of silver all over this drink's can is actually a good thing. In fact, I'll even say that I kind of like the can's design. The red and blue design is alright, and I wouldn't really expect more out of the design of such a cheap drink. It doesn't look awful, and I was actually surprised that there was a blue tab on top of the can. To be honest, this is one of the better $1 energy drink cans I've seen. Still, that doesn't mean it's a masterpiece. I really don't think they were trying to come up with an amazing can design in the first place though.

The Drink:
There's a famous energy drink that also has the word 'red" in it's name. It was one of the first drinks I reviewed, it's expensive and it's also very easy to find. Red Rain is only similar in the sense that it also has "red" in the name. Had I mentioned taste however, we'd have another "shocking" similarity. Red Rain is basically a clone of Red Bull in a 16 oz. can. So, if you've had Red Bull you've pretty much had Red Rain and vice versa. I would go into detail and describe the taste of this drink, but if you're reading this site then chances are you've had Red Bull before. If you haven't, I don't think you're honestly missing much.

The Buzz:
I'll be honest, I originally had this drink back in October. I started this review but out of laziness saved it and forgot about it. Today I decided to finish it and publish it. So, it's not like I had this yesterday and can remember the exact effects it had on me. However, I have a decent memory and I'm positive that I would remember if this drink had me extremely wired or if it did nothing at all. On the evening that I had Red Rain, a girl I was with at the time also had some and we both agreed on the taste. She said she felt a little more awake afterwards, and so did I. Red Rain contains the pretty much standard 1000 mg of Taurine, a pretty weak 80 mg of Caffeine, plus your usual assortment of somewhat hard to pronounce ingredients such as Glucoronolactone. While nothing impressive, the casual consumer will undoubtedly feel more awake after drinking Red Rain. I definitely did, and the drink did what it was supposed to.

If you see this drink somewhere and feel like getting a cheap buzz of energy with a fairly drinkable but not necessarily amazing flavor, give Red Rain a try. Don't expect anything amazing though, because this drink was fairly mediocre. Also, if you get this drink at the Dollar Tree, throw it in the fridge or freezer for awhile before drinking it. I don't know why they keep their drinks on shelves, but for someone like me that likes to buy a drink and then drink it straight away, it's annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!