Saturday, January 7, 2012

Worx Energy Shot Review

I can remember when Worx came out very clearly. I started to see their TV ads, their little displays started showing up at the cash registers at convenience stores, and they even had a brief free sample offer. I requested free samples, but never got them and then moved a few months later so if they ever came whoever lives there now has them. You're welcome. Anyway, I've been on a real energy shot kick lately so I decided to pay $3.49 and pick up this shot at the Circle K near my house. I accidentally almost bought the extra strength variety of Worx, I will buy and review it in the future but for now we're going to take a look at the original variety.


The Bottle:
To someone like me that purchases, looks at, and consumes a lot of energy products, the design of this shot is interesting. I kind of like the blue and white color design, it doesn't mimic 5 Hour Energy in any way and the overall appearance of the product let's you know that this shot is not a knockoff. The bottle also has a "wide-mouth" opening, meaning the hole where you put your mouth to drink the shot is wider than usual. Of course, there are warnings on the bottle and the slogan "Fast Acting, Long Lasting", which I like. The gears in the design on the blue side of the bottle are a bit random but don't look too bad at all.

The Shot:
When you twist open the bottle you'll notice an orange scent, and that's also how the shot tastes. It's sort of a citrus taste, but not a repulsive one like a lot of orange flavors. It's fairly drinkable, and after drinking so many energy shots lately I can say that most energy shots share a similar "bite" just like energy drinks do. This shot's taste is good, it's unique, and you shouldn't have to drink some water or something afterwards to get the shot's taste out of your mouth.

The Buzz:
The shot's energy blend contains 2000mg of ingredients. There's Taurine, Malic Acid, Glucoronolactone, L-Arginine, Caffeine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, Inositol, L-Carnitine, and L-Tartrate. I'm glad I've already had my caffeine fix today because otherwise I'd be tired after typing out that long list of hard-to-pronounce ingredients. Nonetheless, that hefty list of fairly common ingredients is an effective one. In other words, I drank the shot and then felt more energized fairly quickly and for awhile. About 6 hours, to be exact. I didn't crash, die, or perform Michael Jackson's signature dance move "The Moonwalk" after the effects wore off either. So, unless you're looking to perform outdated 80's dance moves after drinking an energy shot, you should definitely give this shot a try.

These shots are on the more pricey side, at about $3.50 per shot at my local Circle K. But, if you're willing to pay that price and want adequate energy that lasts for awhile and is also very easy to consume due to the nice flavor, give this shot a try.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried Worx and_ its been a lifesaver on many occasions of juggling everyday life as a HouseKeeper and.Mother of four and Wife.And I suffer from GERDS from time to time and had know problems with this product

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!