Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monster Rehab Rojo Tea Energy Review





I do kind of like the name "Rojo Tea" as apposed to just "Red Tea". I can speak very, very mediocre Spanish, and the fact that I got a 56 on my last Spanish test pretty much just proves that. I've had so many Monster drinks before, with some drinks I can remember how certain ones from each line tasted but with Monster I can't remember how some that I had awhile ago tasted. Since the name of this drink is in Spanish, instead of telling you where I got this in English I might as well put the "skills" I've learned in my 3rd Period Spanish to good use: Yo compro Monster Rehab Rojo Tea en el supermarcado. How correct or accurate that is, I can't say but it's supposed to say that I bought this at the grocery store. Anyway, let's see if this drink tastes like straight culo or if it is in fact drinkable.


The Can:
I must say, this might be my favorite Monster Rehab can. I like red and black together in a can and I think it really looks good. The all black top on the can looks really nice too, and all in all the can just looks good. Of course, you get the same story about the most likely fictional Rehab Pool Party on the back of the can amongst some other neat information. I like how there are Facebook and Twitter logos on the back of the can, it goes to show that the Monster brand is extremely current and on top of things, or they at least do a good job of making it look like that. I like the Rehab line's can designs more than their Juice offerings, which as far as I can remember are pretty awful.

The Drink:
Upon opening the can and taking a sip, I actually took another sip right away because it tasted pretty good. That sounds very cliche, but it actually happened. I really enjoyed the taste of this, which I almost hate to say because the Protean flavor was just putrid. This drink has a definite tea taste, backed up by a smooth cranberry flavor which is easy to consume. It tastes really good, and I really have nothing bad to say about it. It's fairly unique, easy to drink, and should be enjoyed by just about anyone.

The Buzz:
Naturally, this drink contains the standard Rehab energy blend which contains 3200 mg of your standard energy drink ingredients. The blend is designed to "bring you back after a hard day's night", otherwise known as "give you something to casually sip after yet another evening of being a raging alchoholic that is dangerous to themselves and those close to them". I had actually passed on the 6 pack of Pabst and 40 oz. of King Cobra that I consume on a nightly basis on the night before drinking this, so I can't speak for if it brings one back after a night of partying. I can say that it did a great job of giving me a nice boost in energy, I like the Rehab energy blend and can safely say that it works. The buzz lasted for a good 4 hours, and I didn't "crash" or anything after it wore off.

This drink is fairly new to the energy drink market, and I hate to say it but with how things are looking maybe this will be one of the last new energy drinks for awhile. It seems like even in the last year, everyone who used to drink energy drinks that I knew has stopped, everyone's drinking "Marley's Mellow Mood" now (which I do love) and energy shots seem to still be fairly popular. I'll keep on reviewing energy drinks for sure, and I definitely recommend giving this drink a try when you see it. If you don't feel like it now, maybe you'll be able to pick it up at Big Lots in a few years where a lot of energy drinks that were a big deal a few years ago are.

2 comments:

Share your comments here!