Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cannabis Mango Energy Drink Review


Name: Cannabis Mango
Size: 8.4 fl. oz.
Caffeine content: 80 mg. per can
Energy blend: Caffeine, Taurine, B Vitamins

Another trip to Spencer's yielded just one, but yet another, interesting energy drink find. I recently reviewed Cannabis' original drink, and in my review blamed its lack of energy on its small size. However, I never thought that the drink was worthless, and looking back (to like a week ago), I can now say that I probably didn't give the drink the proper treatment in regards to energy. I found this drink right next to Cannibus' original flavor on one of the shelves at Spencer's, and immediately picked it up with the intention of drinking it the next morning. Much like how marijuana is constantly referenced in many forms of media as being ideal in the morning, I feel that the morning is definitely the ideal time to have an energy drink. So, I bought this, put it in my fridge, and went to sleep - thankful that the drink would chill overnight and that I wouldn't have to pretend that it was cold and ready-to-drink after 20 minutes.


Can/Design:

 

Cannabis' original can is, appropriately, green. This drink, however, is mango flavored and therefore utilizes an orange color scheme. I must admit, I really love these drink's designs. They're minimalistic, professional, and don't do enough to overdo the whole cannabis/hemp theme of the drink. Off-center on the top of the can is a small circle that states that this drink is "limited edition". I have no idea how long this drink's been available, or will be available, but hoped that it would taste good enough to make me hope that it wouldn't be discontinued any time soon.


Taste:

 

In case you're reading this and wondering when I'll make the reference: Yeah, this drink is by Cannibus and is mango flavored. According to potheads everywhere, mangos can, supposedly, "enhance" a marijuana high. This drink obviously won't get you stoned, but I found its choice of flavor amusing. It does, in fact, have a fresh, crisp, light mango flavor that is far from syrupy or disgusting, and I didn't find difficulty in drinking it at all. If you like the taste of fresh fruit, I totally recommend this. I personally couldn't find any complaints with the taste whatsoever.


Energy:

 

Having drank this in the morning, I was relatively confident that it would provide me with some energy. I was right, and the energy that this small drink provided was definitely what I had hoped for. It was far from too intense, and I would say that it generally provides the amount of energy that you would expect with a drink of its' size. Coupled with the flavor, the energy that this drink provided made for a pretty nice energy drink drinking experience.

View this drink as being as much of a novelty as you'd like, but I personally recommend it and definitely didn't regret trying it. I found my can near the back of my local Spencer's, within view of the other "stimulating" products that Spencer's is notorious for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!