Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Rockstar Pure Zero Mango Orange Energy Drink Review


Name: Rockstar Pure Zero (Mango Orange flavor)
Size: 16 fl. oz.
Caffeine content: 240 mg. per can
 Energy blend: Caffeine, Taurine, Glucoronolactone, Inositol

Having been released in January 2014, this drink is a nice example of the direction that I wouldn't mind seeing "zero" energy drinks go in. I sometimes drink zero-calorie energy drinks on my own will rather than for a review, and admittedly feel that several of them are pretty bland, despite being satisfying. This drink, though, along with Rockstar's somewhat-new Blue Ice flavor, is clearly trying to be exciting in some way or another, despite lacking calories and sugar. I paid exactly $2.60 for this, and tried it in hopes that it would live up to the initial, "This isn't a boring, calorie-free energy drink!" impression that it gave me.



Can/Design:



My aforementioned "first impression" of this drink was obviously inspired by the look of its can. Rockstar's cans are far from minimalistic, but I feel that their typical "layout" of their cans looks good with this particular drink's color scheme. It doesn't scream "zero calories", and does a nice job of promoting the flavor that's apparently contained inside of it. The orange pull-tab on top is a nice addition, and, as I've pretty much said, it's nice to see a "zero" energy drink that isn't packaged in a silver or white can.

Taste:

 

I didn't have much doubt that this drink would work well in terms of energy, and was mostly curious about how good it would taste. This drink's flavor is unique to Rockstar's Pure Zero line, as opposed to being a Pure Zero version of another one of their flavors. Fortunately, upon taking a sip, I was met with a delicious Mango Orange flavor that doesn't taste "zero-ish" at all. If this drink were in another can that didn't state that it lacks sugar or calories, I probably wouldn't think that it did. The flavor is in fact "Mango Orange", and will definitely satisfy anyone that likes mangos, oranges, and "zero" energy drinks that don't taste disgusting.

Energy:

 

I believe that sugar can certainly play a role in the amount of energy that an energy drink can provide. Despite lacking sugar though, this drink still obviously gave me a pretty satisfying lift in energy due to Rockstar's energy blend that contains caffeine, taurine, and plenty of other ingredients to make this a far-from-disappointing drink. I really enjoyed the energy that this drink gave me, and would have found it just as satisfying had it came in a calorie and sugar-filled energy drink.

This was probably one of the best "zero" energy drinks that I've ever had. The well-designed can, delicious flavor, and satisfying energy definitely did not make for a waste of my $2.60. Unless the flavor sounds unappetizing, I recommend giving this drink a try- even if you could care less about calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!