Friday, October 17, 2014

Dollar Shots Club Berry Energy Shot Review

 
 Name: Dollar Shots Club (Berry flavor)
Size: 1.93 fl. oz
Caffeine content: 190 mg. per bottle
Energy blend: Caffeine, Taurine, B Vitamins

At the time that I tried this shot, it had admittedly been quite a while since I'd consumed an energy shot of any kind. Dollar Shots Club's energy shot is different, however, in that it's the key-component of a money, time, and energy-saving idea from Dollar Shots Club. Dollar Shots Club is a monthly service that offers $1 energy shots at prices based on your choice of receiving 5, 15, or 30 energy shots per month. When I first heard about their service, I thought that it was a great idea but was somewhat skeptical about how good their shot could really be. My main complaint with energy shots has always been that they're way too expensive, and I genuinely hoped that this shot would prove to be both cost-effective and effective in its taste and energy as well. I received a shipment of 5 energy shots that were delivered in an efficient, professional box that served as a nice place to store the 5 energy shots on my kitchen table. Upon opening the box for the first time, I eagerly opened a bottle in anticipation of, hopefully, being satisfied with what it had to offer.



Bottle/Design:

 

The Dollar Shots Club energy shot is packaged in a standard, eye-pleasing bottle that contains the liquid inside quite nicely. I can't really knock-off any points for the design of the shot, as it does what it's supposed to do, and ultimately works with the theme that this company is trying to create. I find the design to be minimalistic, professional, and overall, nicely done. They clearly didn't create a convenient service and completely skip the aesthetic aspect of their product, as the shot looks just as good as it should. The 1.93 fl. oz. bottle lists all of the shot's nutritional info, as well as a standard warning about caffeine consumption that is typical for just about any energy product.




Taste: 

 

Energy shot companies love making claims in terms of how effective their shots are. However, the actual taste of the energy shot is also a factor that, to me, is just as important as how well the shot works. People that drink energy shots are typically "on the go" and probably don't have time to be rinsing their mouth out after consuming their energy shot. Fortunately, upon drinking this shot, my taste buds were met with a pretty delicious flavor that contained no aftertaste. This shot is berry-flavored, and therefore appropriately tastes like berries. I wish that I could go more in-depth in my flavor description, but I think that the best thing to do is to simply state that this shot tastes like berries, while lacking a disgusting aftertaste.

Energy:

 

As I said, energy shot companies are notorious for making claims as to how long their shot's energizing effect will last. Dollar Shots Club, however, decided to skip this approach and let their shot speak for itself. Just after drinking the shot, I was met with an extremely satisfying and sustained boost in energy that didn't disappoint in any way, shape, or form. I had my doubts, but can safely say that this shot is just as, if not more, effective than other, leading energy shots on the market. I highly doubt that any consumer, unless they consume more caffeine than me (which is probably impossible), could be dissatisfied with the effects that this shot provides.

I can safely say that I stand behind both Dollar Shots Club's mission, service, and actual product. The shot tastes great, works well, and has proven to be effective to me more than once in trying it on a few different occasions so far. For more information, check out my article on Dollar Shots Club and visit their official website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!