Monday, October 13, 2014

Neuro Fuel Mood Enhancement Energy Drink Review



Name: Neuro Fuel Mood Enhancement Formula
Size: 12 fl. oz.
Caffeine content: 127.5 mg. per can
Energy blend: Caffeine, Taurine, Guarana, B Vitamins

I actually worked backwards in terms of trying Neuro Fuel's drinks in order of potency. I tried their Max variety before trying this, and was reasonably satisfied with its results in the design, taste, and energy categories. I returned to the same store that led to my original review, and picked up a can of Neuro Fuel's original variety for a review in hopes that it would be just as good, or even better, than their Max variety. In case you haven't noticed, this isn't directly marketed as an "energy drink". In my earlier review, I theorized that this is because this drink is "EBT Approved", meaning that you can purchase it with food stamps. Since you can't purchase "energy drinks" with food stamps, my theory is that a "Mood Enhancement Formula" can potentially avoid this rule. I have no idea how correct this is, but I can say that this is obviously supposed to be an energy drink, and that all energy drinks are technically "Mood Enhancement Formulas" to me, unless they're awful. I paid less than $2 for this drink, and was glad to have found it in the first place as only one store around me (that I know of) sells it.


Can/Design:

 

This drink's can doesn't differ very much from the Max variety of Neuro Fuel, aside from the fact that it's blue instead of black and doesn't say "Max" on the front of the can. The 12 oz. can shares the same size as most sodas out there, but the can is obviously thinner and is therefore "stretched out", appearing bigger. I found the size convenient, as I had to drive a short distance to get this, and in drinking it while driving elsewhere I was thankful that it was easier to hold in my lap than a regular 16 oz. energy drink. Any male with a driver's license probably knows the struggle/feeling of holding an ice-cold drink in your lap, but I didn't mind so much with this. The can doesn't look extremely high-budget. but gets the job done nicely and really gives the impression that Neuro Fuel at least tried to differentiate their product a little bit as opposed to copying another design and releasing it as their own. It's light blue, and shouldn't be very difficult to spot if there's a store around you that sells it. Again, the back of the can bears a statement about how nice this drink can potentially make you feel and it's overall vibe is that it does what it's intended to do in terms of design.


Taste:

 

My only complaint with the Max variety of Neuro Fuel was its vitamin-like aftertaste that was a bit off-putting. Aside from the aftertaste, I found the actual taste to be pretty good, and really enjoyable at the time because I was especially craving an energy drink. This drink's taste isn't exactly the same as the Max variety, but it's pretty close. It's a citrus-y energy drink flavor with hints of other fruits thrown in that mix together and make for a pretty tasty blend. The vitamin-like aftertaste was still there, but didn't seem as noticeable as in my other Neuro Fuel drink. There may be more vitamins in the Max variety, but I'm not totally sure and can definitely say that I still liked drinking this despite its aftertaste. It's not the, "Ugh, this is disgusting!" aftertaste, being, in my opinion, more of the, "This has kind of a weird aftertaste." kind of aftertaste. I, and you, won't ever say either of those phrases while drinking this, but you get my point.

 

Energy:

 

In terms of energy, or "Mood Enhancement", I was fairly certain that this drink would deliver as promised. It did, in fact, deliver a surprisingly potent boost in mood and energy that, for some reason, hit me fairly quickly and definitely lasted for a few hours. The "Mood Enhancement" that these drinks provide isn't a joke as far as a description goes. They really do work, and are a far-cry from energy drinks that make similar claims and do absolutely nothing whatsoever to prove themselves. I wasn't disappointed at all, and was happy to know that "Mood Enhancement" doesn't differ much from "energy".

I would probably recommend trying this drink if you can find it. As I said before, it's reasonably priced and doesn't feel like a waste of money. The aftertaste is the only downside, but, again, it isn't awful to the point that it makes the drink completely disgusting. All in all, I can safely say that Neuro Fuel is a solid brand with some nice, different products that are worth a try if they're what you're interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!