Thursday, October 9, 2014

Red Rain Precipitation Energy Drink Review


Name: Red Rain Precipitation
Size: 16 fl. oz.
Caffeine content: 142 mg. per can
Energy blend: Caffeine, Taurine, Inositol, B Vitamins
Calories: 240 calories per can

Yes, this drink is by Red Rain and the flavor is "Precipitation". If Red Rain, whatever that really is, comes in any form of nature other than precipitation, I've never seen it. My local Family Dollar had this, and another variety I hadn't tried yet, but was apparently missing their "Condensation" and "Evaporation" offerings. In all honesty though, I was happy to only pay $1 for an energy drink I'd never had before.


Can/Design:

 

In the world of Red Rain, precipitation is watermelon flavored. Therefore, the can features a primarily green color scheme that, I guess, is pretty appropriate since the outside of a watermelon is green. The design isn't that bad, but I have two complaints:

1. The font that "Precipitation" is written in is kind of mismatched with the rest of the can.

2. The nutritional info on the back of the can is in a solid white box. In my opinion, they should have used a nutritional info box that's see-through like most energy drinks do to keep up the consistency of the design.

But, the design isn't that bad overall. The green color is eye-catching, considering that it caught my eye and influenced me to buy it. The can promises, "MENTAL CLARITY & FOCUS" towards the bottom of the can, on the opposite end of the can from the blue pull-tab on top.


Taste:

 

As far as flavor, expect a gummy, thick, and completely drinkable watermelon flavor. It tastes like its filled with sugar, which is pretty nice. I personally didn't mind the flavor at all, but don't recommend it if you don't want to feel like you're basically drinking cavities. This drink is a classic example of a sugary,  sweet energy drink. But, it actually tasted pretty good to me and I liked it.


Energy:

 

Precipation rains upon its consumers a modest 142 mg. of caffeine per 16 oz. can. The only other energy ingredient that's included, and you're probably aware of, is Taurine, but the exact amount is unlisted. This drink definitely provided a lift in energy. As usual,  I didn't almost die and I also probably couldn't have taken a nap if I wanted to either.

For only $1, what do you expect?  Of course, there are a lot of $1 energy drinks that are a lot better, and worse, than this, but I wasn't really disappointed. Check out my flavor description, and if it sounds drinkable, put on your poncho and give this drink a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!