Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Zest Tea Apple Cinnamon Black Energy Tea Review


Name: Zest Tea Apple Cinnamon Black
Size: 1 Satchet
Caffeine content: 150 mg. per cup

To be completely honest, I only drink tea on very, very rare occasions. In fact, trying this drink for a review actually led to one of my first attempts at making tea (I didn't burn my house down, at least.). I probably wouldn't try, or try to make, any regular-old tea on my own will, but this drink made for a very obvious exception. Zest Tea attempts to reward my efforts in making it, as it contains 150 mg. of caffeine per cup and completely destroys the idea that tea can't contain as much caffeine as coffee or energy drinks. Couple the impressive caffeine content with their interesting variety of flavors, and it's easy to see why I was excited to try this despite my lack of tea consumption on a regular basis.


Packaging:

 

On this website, I typically look for exciting 8 oz., 12 oz., and 16+ oz. energy drink cans that catch my eye and make for interesting reviews. Zest Tea comes in a tin with a screw-on lid as opposed to a can, but still meets my approval in all aspects of its design. Zest Tea brands itself with very professionally-packaged tea that's not only a far-cry from run-of-the-mill tea in terms of caffeine content, but in design as well. The tin states that the tea contains, "More caffeine per cup than any other tea brand", which is pretty awesome. Aside from caffeine, it also contains other antioxidants and amino acids (namely L- Theanine) to help with energy. It even features a small chart that compares the tea's caffeine content with regular black and green teas. A well-written description of the flavor, as well as a literally nice "feel" to the outside of the tin, are also provided on the tin that contains 20 Satchets, or pyramid-shaped teabags, per container. I don't drink a lot of tea, but this is a really nice design that I can see any tea-lover loving.


Taste:

 

Yep, this is Apple Cinnamon flavored black tea which, I believe, already contains more caffeine than green tea naturally. Unbrewed, it has an aromatic aroma that makes the tea tempting to try even if you don't like tea. It smells absolutely delicious, with hints of apple and cinnamon meeting your nostrils upon opening the tin. I steeped my first bag for around 4 1/2 minutes, which meets the tin's suggestion of 4-6 minutes. Upon taking a sip, I was very, very pleasantly surprised. I mean, it could be due to my master tea-making skills, but this stuff tasted good. It isn't bitter, and does, in fact, taste like apples and cinnamon. I don't typically like tea, but this was definitely the best tea that I've had. If I had to be extra-descriptive, I'd say that it's a nice year-round flavor that is just, all in all, really tasty.


Energy:

 

150 mg. of caffeine per cup is actually a pretty nice amount of caffeine. Several energy drinks contain a roughly similar amount of caffeine, but in a less-concentrated format. To make a long story short, you basically recieve a really nice amount of caffeine in a pretty small amount of liquid. I didn't doubt that this tea would provide energy, and in going from half-asleep while making this to wide-awake and energized after drinking it, I can say that I was right. The caffeine kicked in, and further proved my assumption that this stuff works.

If you like tea, give this stuff a try. Even if you don't like tea, I can still see liking this for its flavor that's way better than most other teas, and for its satisfying energy. Add professional, functional packaging, and Zest Tea's Apple Cinnamom Black is a welcome addition to the list of well-made energy products out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!