Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Liquid Ice Red Energy Review


Name: Liquid Ice Energy (Red flavor)
Size: 8.3 oz
Caffeine content: 80 mg per can
Calories: 130 calories per can

After trying Liquid Ice's blue drink, I had high hopes for their other offering that utilizes a red color scheme as opposed to blue. The possibility that there was another drink as delicious as the other Liquid Ice that I tried made me anticipate another satisfying surprise. "Red" and "Blue" aren't very descriptive names, but I think it's safe to say that most people would have a general flavor in mind for each color, as I did.

Can/Design:
This drink's can carries an identical design to it's blue counterpart, with red replacing blue as the background color for the entire can. The design is minimalistic, functional and, as I said before, led to me believe that the drink inside would be the primary selling point of this drink, rather than extremely fancy packaging.

Taste:
In my review of Liquid Ice's other drink, I briefly mentioned that Liquid Ice's drinks are marketed as mixers for alcohol as well as standalone enegy drinks. Knowing this, I initially wasn't very sure of what to expect out of these drinks as far as taste goes. Since they're recommended as mixers,  I had a feeling they would taste really good, but wasn't exactly sure what kind of flavor I was in for. Now, however, I can safely say that Liquid Ice's drinks both taste a lot like sweet, absolutely delicious, definition-of-good-candy, candy. The red variety has a "red" taste that I couldn't pinpoint to a particular fruit flavor, but it was absolutely delicious. I think the red variety is a perfect match for the blue variety, and see a slim chance of someone not liking the way this drinks tastes.

Energy:
This is an 8.3 oz energy drink, meaning that it's small in in size and therefore potentially small in energy. The entire can contains 80 mg of caffeine, plus a somewhat suprising 1000 mg of taurine. I'm no scientist, but I feel that "concentrating" an amount of taurine typically found in significantly larger energy drinks into 8.3 oz could possibly make for a pretty nice energizing effect. As a matter of fact, this drink actually did provide a nice amount of energy for it's size and, actually, in general. Both Liquid Ice drinks that I've tried were probably the strongest 8 oz energy drinks I've had in terms of energy. This drink will wake you up considerabely, and definitely surprised me for it's size.

Liquid Ice's drinks prove that looking outside of the box for good energy drinks can, occasionally, lead to some surprisingly good discoveries. I really, really enjoyed both varieties and highly recommend tracking some down and trying some out if you never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!