Monday, October 6, 2014

Liquid Ice Blue Energy Review


Name: Liquid Ice Energy (Blue flavor)
Size: 8.3 oz
Caffeine content: 80 mg per can
Calories: 130 calories per can

Something about this drink told me that it would be pretty good. Despite looking completely different than the more "mainstream" energy drinks out there, I didn't get the initial impression that it was just a generic, rip-off energy drink or anything. But, as an energy drink consumer, I personally prefer 16 oz cans as opposed to any smaller sizes. It's not that they're all-around better, but they tend to satisfy my energy drink cravings more than smaller drinks do. Nonetheless, I was pretty excited to crack this drink open and try it out. 

Can/Design:
This drink's can is obviously blue and, to me, gives off a "no-frills" kind of vibe. I personally like it, and it's safe to say that my initial impression was that the drink inside was the primary focus of what made this energy drink good. The design isn't bad at all, but I knew that the drink inside would, hopefully, be the primary selling-point of this can as opposed to flashy packaging drawing you in and letting you down. 

Taste:
I wish I could find an exciting adjective that doesn't sound really sarcastic to describe my first taste of this drink. To be brief, it was absolutely delicious and was honestly one of the best tasting energy drinks I've had in a while. It tastes exactly like blue candy, is easy-drinking,  and, again, made me wish that I had a bigger/absolutely humongous can. This drink is marketed, somewhat, as a mixer for alcohol and I could definitely see it being more enjoyable in a drink than other energy drinks out there. I really, really loved the flavor of this drink and would be willing to bet that most people would enjoy it. That is, of course, unless they somehow hate the taste of candy. 

Energy:
As far as energy, Liquid Ice's blue offering provides a small-but-perfectly acceptable 80 mg of caffeine per can. Also included is an impressive 1000 mg of Taurine,  which is a typical number for energy drinks that are double this drink's size. I actually did feel a really nice energizing effect from this drink and, coupled with the flavor, it made for a pretty satisfying drink for only being 8.3 oz.

By all means, if you can find this drink, give it a try. It was absolutely delicious, worked well, and made for a great addition to the list of energy drinks that I've tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!